Friday, June 4, 2010

The Realization....



Today, when I stopped at the light at an intersection, a man rode past me on a bike. He looked very scruffy and had a heavy backpack on; but I noticed that he was wearing the biggest smile on his face. Then, it hit me...why I am I complaining about my life? This man, who might not have the best things, is riding a bike to his destination and he is happy. I am very fortunate to have people who love and care for me, and to have food and shelter AND a job. Most people don’t have any of those things. Yes, I complain about my job a lot, but I have come to realize that most people would kill to be in my position. I know someone personally that has been struggling to recieve a steady job for about 2 years.  I have been at my job for almost 5 years, which most people do not even stay that long at one place. Yes, I want to grow into a better job, but right now, I should stick with what I have. It pays bills so what am I complaining for? When things don’t go my way I get mad and it shows all over my face. I have learned that negative energy does not just effect me, but the people that are around me. I love my friends to death and I do not want my personal struggles to effect them.  Also I cannot every little thing get to me. I need to cut my losses and keep on moving foward. God has blessed me in so many ways you wouldn’t understand, but now Im starting to understand. Right now, I am very content with my life. I might now have everything, but I know the He will give what I NEED, not want.

No comments:

Post a Comment