Wednesday, March 3, 2010

 


First of all let me state a well-know fact. Twitter and Facebook are social networking sites. I know people reading this are like no duh, Nikki. But I feel the need to stress that part because it is getting to the point to where people are mixing up fantasy with reality.

I have witnessed and felt the aftermath of twitter beefs, (Someone even died!) which are just ridiculous. What happened before everyone got a twitter account? Yea that's right, you talked out your problems face to face (unless you used myspace and that makes you REALLY lame, internet thug.)

One incident in particular actually happened to me. A friend asked me advice on an outfit, and I told her I didn't know about it, it didn't sound that cute.. But I tweeted a joke about it and she got mad and never talked to me again. Now this was my REAL LIFE friend, and she got mad over a tweet. Sounds ridiculous and petty right? Because it is.  Number 1 ...if you don't get my sense of humor by now and we've been friends for over a year, then we don't need to be friends. Number 2 . What grown woman gets mad when someone tells you the truth? You take that as constructive criticism and grow from it. I'm not saying I'm perfect but at least I know how to take a JOKE.

Point blank is, you should not let a social networking site make decisions for you. If your going have balls to say something, please do not take it to the World Wide Web. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment